Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rio the Game for Xbox 360


The game was cute and fun. It was clearly made for kids but can also be enjoyed by adults who want to just sit back,relax and not feel any pressure. The game allows you to choose any of the main characters to play as and we choose Blu. The game was fairly short (1.5 tops) but pleasant. You go through about 9-ish levels which have 3 mini games each. Depending on how well you do you are awarded points, at the end of each level the points are tallied and a "champion" is choosen. There are short clips from the actually movie before each level begins and every level has a different host from the movie (Luiz, Rafael,Nigel,etc). The mini games were a lot of fun, I especially liked the one's where you drop things from higher up onto an opponent below. There were mud fights, dropping games, throwing games, at least one game like air hockey, rockband type games and many more! I must admit that one of the "rockband" type games I really didn't enjoy because it was too slow and off beat. That particular game was lead by Luiz where he played a Bongo tune and you had to repeat it...it was just too slow and off beat for me. It wasn't outstanding to watch but the graphics fit this type of game. You can tell it was mass produced very quickly but kids wouldn't mind it I'm sure. Can be played as a single player or in multi player mode with upto 4 players.

All in all it was a fun, clean and family friendly game. I'm glad we took a chance on it. I wouldn't recommend buying it at full price though, perhaps wait a little while until the price drops or buy from an online discount place. We rented it from Redbox. It's not a game we would ever own simply because it's more aimed at kids then adults plus I don't think it's a game we would play all the time. It was cute and enjoyable to play through and I do recommend it for the family game night!

I rate this 6.5 of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment