Thursday, June 2, 2011

Xbox vs PS2, which do you choose?







 I have played many video games released for original Xbox and Playstation 2 systems. I first played most on PS2 and although they each had a few difficult parts,they were generally easy to play. I later played them on the Xbox and right from the start they were more difficult. I'm not sure if games are made more difficult for Xbox on purpose but I know that I have found this to be the case with many titles; NFS Most Wanted, NFS Carbon, Burnout Revenge, Ford Racing 3, Max Payne, Gun and several others. These were all more difficult on the Xbox as opposed to PS2. Perhaps it's the controls? I'm an Xbox gamer (of the newer systems) so I hate to say PS2 play is "easier". I don't like the PS2 better than Xbox and in fact have never personally owned a PS2 (I played on other people's systems). I have owned my Xbox for MANY years now and don't intend to give it up anytime soon. Although the games seem harder on Xbox, that doesn't stop me from enjoying them. I appreciate the challenge that I get from Xbox gaming.
Xbox Pros: Built in Harddrive/ Memory
               Creative Design
               Easy to clean
               Adult sized Controllers with right space between buttons
               Exclusive Titles
               Standard power plug (no power brick required)
Xbox Cons: Console size/weight
                Needs additional hardware for DVD Playback
                Does not read "Burnt" CD-R, CD-RW, etc disc's
                Difficult to disassemble
PS2 Pros:   Many different styles to choose from
               Size makes it easy to store on shelf
               Games are cheaper to buy and easier to find now
               Plays DVD's without additional hardware
               Backwards Compatible
PS2 Cons:  No internal Memory, requires Memory cards
               Smaller controllers, buttons very close together which can cause mistakes in gameplay
               Requires special Power & AV Cords
               Few exclusive titles
               Difficult to disassemble/reassemble
Okay so these are my personal lists so they are not the opinion of everyone who plays these systems. I will stick with my Xbox but I don't dislike PS2, I just don't own one. Check back soon to see my Xbox 360-PS3 lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment