Sunday, July 3, 2011

Transformer Dark of the Moon


Transformers: Dark of the Moon was a good film. It was (in my opinion) better than the 2nd film. This film brought back most of the original cast and added several new characters. Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, John Tutorro, Tyrese Gibson, Kevin Dunn and Julie White were all present in this film. Megan Fox did not return and personally the film was better with new blood. Sam's girlfriend in this film is Carly played by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Patrick Dempsey and John Malkovich also co-starred. This film brings us back to Sam who is now living with his British - Bombshell girlfriend Carly. Carly is employed at a high dollar company and her boss is Patrick Dempsey. Sam is unemployed and trying desperately to find a good job before his parents arrive for a visit. After many terrible interviews he reluctantly accepts a job working in the mail room for John Malkovich who is quite quirky to say the least. Sam is no longer working with the Transformers or the government and this is a great frustration to him.

The beginning of the film shows footage from the Apollo 11 Space Mission to the Moon. In this film the Moon Mission was not as the government claimed but was actually a retrieval mission to gather artifacts from a crash site of one of the elder Transformer ships as it vacated their planet. The items are recovered,brought back to earth and placed in a vault for safe keeping. When the Autobots return from a mission they find that they have been lied to by the humans and Optimus demands full disclosure or they will leave Earth unprotected. The info is given to them and they quickly go to the Moon. Once there they find the elder Sentinel Prime (voiced by Leonard Nimoy) who went into a cyber sleep. The Autobots bring him back to Earth to recharge his power source and awaken him. Shortly after he is awakened they begin to realize that the Decepticons are seeking Sentinel to use him as part of their plans so a war breaks out to protect Sentinel and save Earth, again.

Transformers featured were (not a complete list just big names): Optimus (Peter Cullen),Megatron (Hugo Weaving), Sentinel (Leonard Nimoy), Ironhide (Jess Harnell), Starscream (Charles Adler), Ratchet (Robert Foxworth), Sideswipe (James Remar), Dino (Francesco Quinn), Que/Wheeljack (George Coe), Wheelie (Tom Kenny), Brains (Reno Wilson), Shockwave/Soundwave (Frank Welker), Roadbuster/Amp (Ron Bottitta), Leadfoot/Target ( John Di Maggio), Laserbeak (Keith Szarabajka) and Igor (Greg Berg).

I'm not going into too much detail as I don't want to ruin any of the good parts for you. This is a good film. Well made with top notch CG. Several things I didn't like were the incinerator beams were "off slightly" and by this I mean that sometimes bodies would dust completely, sometimes they would leave a bone or two and even worse that sometimes the bones would be charred black but then the next one would be perfectly clean. Just bugged me. Another thing that irked me was, in the midst of the battle Carly is facing the camera as a huge explosion happens behind her yet she doesn't even flinch! After the battle is over and Carly appears once again the white clothes the was wearing are still BLEACH WHITE, yet her face is dirty. I just hate these types of inconsistencies. Leonard Nimoy made be say aloud "Oh Brother" when he quoted Star Trek but saying "The good of the many out weigh the good of the few", and I was NOT the only one who hated that as I heard several others make comments.

This is an okay family film for 12+ viewers. There was so sex and very little human violence. I recommend this film for anyone who enjoyed the other films or who want to just see a good Summer movie. I rate this film 8.7 of 10

SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT! SPOILER ALERT!
DO NOT READ PAST THIS POINT AS IT WILL GIVE AWAY PART OF THE ENDING!
There is a battle at the end between Optimus and another Transformer (though he still kills his opponent) in which one of Optimus' arms gets cut off. When this happened (you see, I'm a fan of the "How it should have ended"series, so my brain does this all the time)... I turned to my husband and said, Since were in America (land of justice) when the cops come to arrest him for the murder (of said Transformer) he turns to the cops and says "It wasn't me it was the one armed man"...my husband cracked up! I thought a few of you might enjoy that so let me know! If I spoiled anything then I'm sorry but I TOLD YOU NOT TO READ IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment