Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Scream 4



Scream 4 starring Neve Cambell, Courtney Cox Arquette and David Arquette

We saw this last Saturday and liked it. It was just as described in the synopsis. Sidney returns to promote the book she just had published about life after tragedy. Of course the murders start again but this time they almost ape the original killings. Each new character personality mirrors a infamous character from the original series. Gail Weathers and Dewey (now town sherriff) are married. I assume more time then actually accounted for (since Scream 3) had elapsed because they were said to be married for 10 years in this one. Anyway, in the big picture neither of these characters spend a lot of time on screen but both have very inportant roles nonetheless.

Scream 4 introduces Sidneys younger (17 year old) cousin. It's of course her friends that start to bite the dust one by one. Gail begins to investigate and Dewey does the grunt work again. Well I'm not into spoilers so I'm skipping the rest. I have to say that for the type of storyline it had, I really enjoyed it. It highly exceeded my expectations which is always a good thing. They had a little more gore in this one then in the original trilogy. There were at least 2 instances I can think of that had me sitting saying, "Oh come on! Thats impossible" but otherwise well written, directed and acted.

I recommend this film for the horror buffs or those who appreciated the genius of the first flm. This one will take you back but leave you feeling just as anxious for another sequel. I rate this: 7 of 10
Review by Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment