Friday, May 13, 2011

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean


Lego Pirates of the Caribbean for Xbox 360

I didn't look at this game very long  before playing it.  I should have seen this coming since I've played all the Lego Star Wars but for some reason it didn't occur to me that Pirates might be the same. I was pleasantly surprised with one thing in particular... this game covers all 4 of the Pirates films! This brought me great excitement and made me even more interested in the game. It was a bit difficult to play in sections where you needed to balance because the camera angles are undesirable but at the same time I appreciated that the game didn't seem as 2-D as Lego Indiana Jones & Lego Batman. It just seemed the worlds had more detail which was a welcome and needed change. I like that they added a new addition in which you hold down the button to change characters, then select the specific character. There is a lot of integrated puzzles which require several types of characters which were similar to the challenges of "Lost Vikings". The integrated puzzles were a part that I really enjoyed! Some of the differences I found unnecessary and frankly, a bit odd were the soldiers having a pig/chicken as members of their guard or video sequences were WAY off of the regular story as opposed to the norm where they basically reenact them. One helpful add-on that I've yet to see in other games is Jack uses his magic compass to find helpful objects in the levels.
All in all this was a fun and advanced Lego game. Great for kids and adults and can be used with Multiple players.
I recommend this game for family night, Pirate fans, kids & adults and anyone looking for a new kind of Pirate adventure with memorable movie moments.
I
 rate this: 7 of 10

Review by James

No comments:

Post a Comment